Monday, September 18, 2006

Still Life

One of the things I love to do in my house is to create little still lifes of different found objects. Here's one that I set up this afternoon.

This is sitting on my kitchen table right now. The jade plant is in a milk glass vase i had been using as a toothbrush holder, the painting was found on the side of the road (I love how crazy the perspective is), the cake stand is from Crate and Barrel , the beautful little bird vase was a wedding gift from two of our friends and the greens I plucked from a tree in the park.
It's not really hard to do. I like to group uneven amounts of objects (3 pieces on the cake stand) and have something for height (the painting). If you look around your house, I bet there a tons of weird things you can put together.
Now I just need to find another thing to hold out toothbrushes.

2 Comments:

Blogger hodge podge said...

i love it! you're my idol. i always wish i could do stuff like this in my house, but i have too much clutter everywhere. display is one of my weakest areas...

9:56 PM  
Blogger love forever said...

thanks! i have a lot of clutter too but i confine it to the less public areas! whenver we have people one, i always have piles of stuff in the bedroom.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home