Tuesday, September 19, 2006

the science of sleep


I am so excited to see this new movie by Michel Gondry. He creates the most amazing dreamlike worlds. If only I could live in a home made of felt or corrugated cardboard. I am not a big fan of expensive special effects and computer animation so I love that Gondry uses stop animation and builds elaborate stage-like sets for his movies and music videos.
If you are like me and you can't get enough of Gondry and live in the New York area, you can see some installations from the film (as well as some strange, lovely little things he has made for his various girlfriends) at Deitch Projects on 76 Grand Street from September 6th-30th. I fell in love with the handsewn plush representations of animals and objects and the corresponding screens that showed them coming to life in film. Amazing!

1 Comments:

Blogger KritereNox said...

HANDSEWN PLUSHIES RULE!!!!

my blog is sort of about them..
inadvertantly... in an advertant sort of way...

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home